Pages

 photo home-2.png  photo about-2.png  photo contact-4.png  photo press-4.png  photo sponsor-3.png

4.05.2013

Stripes: The New Neutral

My outfit details:  Blazer:  H&M (old, similar hereherehere), Dress:  ASOS, Clutch:  Anthropologie (old, similar here for $25!!), Shoes:  Christian Louboutin (budget-friendly version here), Belt:  Madewell, Bangles:  Forever 21, Watch:  DKNY (LOVE this one), Earrings:  Tory Burch, Aviators:  Ray-Ban
Today I'm so excited to have teamed up with a fabulous fashionista, Tara of Mix and Match Fashion, to shine a spotlight on one of my favorite spring staples ~ the striped blazer.  Not only is Tara a fellow NJ native, but she is also a teacher!  I've been reading her blog for a while now and I just love the way she pairs colors and prints to brighten even the dreariest NJ winter days.  She has also mastered the art of looking stylish on a budget. 
This blazer is perfect not only for work, but also adds easy interest to a casual outfit.  I tend to think of stripes as a neutral and I love how Tara paired hers with a cute graphic tee, bright pants and an even brighter clutch.  
I must have been feeling nautical when I threw mine over this cute navy frock and added some pops of poppy.
We both chose a nude patent pump to complete the look ~ as I always say ~ great minds think alike! 
Be sure to visit Tara's blog HERE.
...And of course, don't forget to check out my STELLA & DOT TRUNK SHOW and enter my GIVEAWAY!

14 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Tara's! I'm a fellow Jersey girl :) I really love your nautical and preppy look!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both you and Tara's look, and this is definition great inspiration too.
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I love your blog your posts are amazing !!! go check and subscribe don't forget to enter my amazing giveaway !!!

    http://wtfstreetstyle.blogspot.pt/2013/03/pura-vida-bracelets-giveaway.html

    this is my blog http://wtfstreetstyle.blogspot.pt
    my istagram username : missappowtfstreetstyle
    my facebookpage: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WTF-Street-STYLE/438828776185904?ref=hl

    kisses WTF! STREET STYLE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit, especially your blazer!

    Megan
    budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited that this came out so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your blogs and totally agree with you. Stripes are definitely a neutral! I love how you both styled these striped blazers.

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Followed you over here from Mix and Match Fashion. :)
    Your outfit is SO cute. Love the nautical, ladylike feel of it.

    Great collaboration!

    xo,
    -Nathy
    Earnestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love striped blazer and looking for one that fits me well!! You look so chic! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I just saw your link up on Tara's blog, and I knew right away I needed to check out yours :)You have gorgeous taste!

    ~Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the nautical look! I just got a striped blazer and I can't wait to wear it!! You both look gorgeous!! I'm a new follower and a substitute teacher! Love finding more teacher bloggers!!

    ClassyInAClassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. stripes really are a fantastic neutral - so versatile and mixable!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful look on both of you.
    Hope you had a great weekend.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You both look so fabulous!! I love the striped blazers. I just got one and I love it. I can see it being a very versatile piece.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love striped blazers! Stripes are "IN" this season! I don't like striped pants, so I will definitely love to get a blazer like that! love the nude hue shoes that could fit with all outfits!

    http://tsizesmall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete