Pages

 photo home-2.png  photo about-2.png  photo contact-4.png  photo press-4.png  photo sponsor-3.png

5.13.2013

Earn Your Stripes

Happy Monday readers!  Today I am delighted to introduce to you Amy of Fashion and Beauty Finds, as we have teamed up to feature one of our favorite spring/summer patterns:  stripes.  I have been following Amy for some time now and feel that her style is very similar to mine.  She loves her brights and is not afraid of some pattern play.
Blazer:  Anthropologie (old, similar here), Dress:  Madewell, Top:  Forever 21, Bag:  C.Wonder, Shoes:  Rock & Republic for Kohls, Sunnies:  Ray-Ban

We were definitely thinking alike when we each decided to pair our black and white stripes with a pop of color.  I love how Amy kept the accessories neutral and added some flavor with her vibrant green top.  The statement necklace adds a little pizazz to an outfit that could easily transition from day to night.  That colorblock clutch is calling my name ~ the gal has definitely earned her stripes!
I went with one of my faves ~ the Madewell Bistro Dress {last seen here}.  The versatility of this dress never ceases to amaze me.  I've worn it to work, to church, to a shower, to the farmer's market, and even for date night.  I changed things up by throwing a blouse on underneath and was really pleased with the way it looked.
Be sure to show Amy some love and visit her over at Fashion and Beauty Finds!

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE the yellow blouse under that striped dress...you look so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I have a similar striped fit & flare dress, so I'll have to try wearing mine with a blouse underneath...love it!

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit Margo! This was so fun! :)

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you styled the dress! The yellow blouse and metallic shoes are perfect!

    http://www.asequinloveaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..this dress is super flattering on you. I can't get enough of stripes either. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these stripes and color~

    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  7. That striped dress is perfect!! Visiting from YOLO Mondays :) Now following yours and Amy's fab blogs!

    xo, Ainslee

    abeautifulheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Monday! You ladies both look gorgeous in stripes. I really love how you layered a button-up blouse under your dress, very classy and a superb pop of color!

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both look great in your stripes! I love that dress and it looks great with the shirt underneath!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just discovered your blog thanks to Amy, and I'm so glad I did! You have an amazing style! I love the way you put together this striped outfit (and your bag is simply to die for!) I'm definitely adding you to my blogroll, to get more style inspiration :)

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  11. i loveeee that dress! and the scalloped top is the perfect touch

    xo
    www.fitfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! Love your neon pop of color! Found you through Amy's blog!

    xoxo,

    Laura
    http://miss-beanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm obsessed with this sophisticated look!! The layered shirt under the dress is such a nice touch. =) Serious love!!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You girls are both gorgeous! I love these classy, but fun, looks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stripes paired over the yellow blouse. Great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, adore stripes! Love these looks, so chic!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is an adorable dress! Love black and white stripes.

    Megan
    budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete